Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Birthday Treats - Disney-Themed Cupcakes!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Next month is our oldest son's birthday.  Since we are on the fence of whether we should have a large birthday party or a more intimate get-together, I starting searching for ideas regarding the birthday cake/ cupcakes.  The year we had a big shin-dig, we "outsourced" the "Jake and the Never-Land Pirates"-themed birthday cake and cupcakes through my friend Eliana, who has a business called "Desserts Devine".  First off, Eli did a wonderful job with the desserts and I would highly recommend her to anyone!  Everyone loved the cupcakes and the main cake, especially the birthday boy.  This year, I was looking for something that Kim and I could do (ourselves) on a smaller scale. 

Lo and behold, I just received an email from Disney (are those people mind-readers?) that pointed me in the direction of the ins and outs of making your own Disney Character-themed Cupcakes!  After looking at all of the options that are now available, the main problem that I have is which themed cupcakes that Kim and I will make and how many we will bake.

There is a laundry list of famous Disney Characters (Handy Manny, Jack Skellington, Toy Story Green Aliens, Tow Mater) of which to choose from and luckily for me and Kim, there are easy to follow instructions on how to re-produce them.  The DisneyFamily.com website also contains other recipes for kids and their parents to make together, so I would definitely recommend bookmarking this one.

- Andrew





No comments:

Post a Comment